Combining the physicality and technique of a warrior with the ability to cast arcane magic, you seek to perfect the art of fusing spell and strike. While the hefty tome you carry reflects hours conducting arcane research, your enemies need no reminder of your training. They recognize it as you take them down.
STRENGTH OR DEXTERITY
At 1st level, your class gives you an ability boost to your choice of Strength or Dexterity.
8 plus your Constitution modifier
You increase your maximum number of HP by this number at 1st level and every level thereafter.
DURING COMBAT ENCOUNTERS...
You channel spells through your weapon or body to hit enemies with a powerful attack and spell combination. Because your spells per day are limited, you often rely on trusty, carefully chosen cantrips and focus spells.
When necessary, you know how to win a fight without magic.
DURING SOCIAL ENCOUNTERS...
Your education and breadth of experience make you knowledgeable about many subjects. You can contribute information related to your scholarly pursuits, especially about magic.
Your flexibility means you might look for magical auras, remain on guard, or even sneak around. Your ability to fill different niches means that your role often depends on the talents of the other members of your group.
You split your time between magical pursuits, like researching spells and crafting items, and martial practice, such as retraining combat abilities to learn new techniques.
- Continually refine your spell and item selections to suit your personal style, or prepare battle plans and spell lists for a variety of situations.
- Socialize with scholars of magic and veteran combatants alike, seeking out masters to teach you new techniques.
- Overreach with ambitious plans that pull you in too many directions at once.
- Wonder how you can keep on top of two disparate disciplines at the same time.
- Believe you have a broad enough skill set to take care of yourself in most situations.